This document has been created to ensure that Travel Futures is compliant with the GDPR regulations that comes into force on 28th May 2018, detailing its policies on how it collects, handles and stores data to help candidates and clients alike in the provision of the recruitment services that it provides which comes from your request to apply for a vacancy or assist you in the finding of employment.
This notice sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) is a new regulation which replaces the Data Protection Regulation (Directive 95/46/EC) The Regulation aims to harmonise data protection legislation across EU member states, enhancing privacy rights for individuals and providing a strict framework within which commercial organisations can legally operate.
In this policy, references to Travel Futures, “we”, “us” or “our” means Travel Futures Ltd with company number 8649477. Our registered trading address is 107 Bell Street, London, NW1 6TL. Similarly, references to “you”, “yours” means you, the candidate.
PURPOSE OF POLICY
The purpose of the policy is to ensure that Travel Futures complies with GDPR law and data protection principles. This means that we will ensure that we use your data:
- Lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- By collecting for valid purposes data that allow us to assist you fully in the enaction of our services
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Updating and accurately recording information as best we can, storing it securely
- Not keeping unnecessary irrelevant data.
By engaging with Travel Futures and sending them your data you are consenting to Travel Futures storing and processing your data lawfully and within its legitimate business interests as a recruitment intermediary.
OUR DATA SUBJECTS
The subjects that Travel Futures collects data on are its clients, client contacts and candidates.
Travel Futures gathers its client information from publicly available sources (i.e. Linked In/company websites) or from internal referral from company sources. We store this information for the purpose of being able to conduct our business; which is building relationships with travel and hospitality companies so that we can gain instruction to be able to help our candidates find exciting roles in our client’s companies.
Travel Futures gathers its candidate information from the candidates themselves to help us help them in the engagement of our services as a recruitment business. We regularly advertise positions that we gain instruction from clients that are looking for a requirement. The channels that we use to gather candidate data is our own website and 3rd party websites. The channels that we use are:
- LinkedIN – We will search publicly available profiles for candidates that we think would be suitable for the roles that we have been instructed on. This conversation takes place through linkedin, with the candidate consenting to send their CV’s to us if they wish to use our services.
We only store data of individuals that we believe will benefit from our services. Those that send us data that is not of interest we delete from our systems. The information that we store enables us to provide you with the provision of recruitment services and will include:
- Information that you have provided to us in your CV and/or cover letter
- Registration information that you have provided via any online form, job board, or application form or public social media platform
- Verbal information you provide to us during an interview, whether face to face, over email, by video conference or by telephone.
HOW AND WHY WE YOU USE DATA
In the enaction and provision of Travel Futures recruitment services it is in the legitimate interest of the business to process and store your data to enable you to fully interact with the services that we offer in successfully trying to help further your career and help you to find employment over any amount to time.
In the enaction of us being able to help you fully in your job-hunt we will skill your candidate profile to help us identify you, and thus contact you, with roles that we deem may be suitable for you based on your skill set and experience. We will seek to contact you by either telephone, email or when applicable social media channels. Should you wish to unsubscribe at any time please inform us at email@example.com
For us to be able to fully provide you with a recruitment service it can become necessary for us to share your data with a 3rd party (ie potential employer) which will consist of information that you have provided through your CV, further email correspondence and from verbal conversations with you. It is our legitimate interest to process and share this with a 3rd party as without it they will not be able to ascertain your relevant experience, skills, work history and suitability to carry out the task necessary in the role.
Other personal information is shared, again with consent and with legitimate interest, to help facilitate the recruitment process with the setting up of telephone, skype and face-to-face interviews, as well as online testing and if successful in obtaining employment necessary information for background checks and so that a client can complete their legal requirements in successfully onboarding you to their workplace.
Information requests will always be lawful and failure to provide information when requested may mean your application cannot be processed fully and lead to you be unsuccessful in your application.
We share data only with 3rd parties that are involved in your recruitment process and only with your consent.
Consent can consist of:
- Applying for explicit and specific role from a job-board
- Responding to an email advert from Travel Futures
- Giving verbal agreement for your details to be sent to a Travel Futures recruitment consultant
How long we keep your data for
We retain different types of data for differing periods of time. The criteria we use to determine whether we should retain your personal data and how long for includes:
- The nature of the personal data
- Its perceived accuracy of your date
- Your engagement levels with our services
- Our legal obligations following an offer or when a placement has been made.
We may archive part or all of your personal data, or retain it on our financial systems but delete all or part of it from our recruitment software system. On removal, we may anonymise parts of your data – particularly following a request for suppression or deletion of your data – to ensure we do not re-enter your personal data to our database, unless you have requested us to do so.
We will never share your data without your consent or sell it to a 3rd party.
We keep your data on file as it is in our legitimate interest to help us help you in your search for employment and allows you to engage with our recruitment services, allowing us to contact you about roles that may be suitable for you based on the skill set that you have.
Should at any time you wish to cease to use Travel Futures recruitment services please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject matter as unsubscribe and we will remove your data from our records.
The DATA CONTROLLER
Travel Futures is the Data Controller who determines what personal data is kept and what its purpose is for. To help us gather, store and process information, we use various tools to help us process your data. These are:
- Our own website – this has been created by Fast Recruitment websites and they have confirmed the website is GDPR compliant with necessary opt in’s when candidates register their details and ease to delete their own data. This allows us to contact you about services and positions that
- 3rd Party website – When we receive your data from our job board partners you will have agreed to share your data with 3rd parties (ie Travel Futures) in contacting you about the provision of services that they offer. These job boards used change dependent on commercial needs
- Outlook – we use outlook to help us manage our workload and communicate with clients and candidates alike to help us provide the services that we have
- CRM – we use Firefish CRM to store our data effectively. This allows us to help you in the provision of our services and contact you with. All information stored on our recruitment software is secured through the Microsoft Azure Infrastructure and located at two data centres locations within Europe. The primary centre is located in Microsoft’s Western European centre, and these facilities are secured by a series of measures, including (but not limited to) biometric access, security alarm systems and round-the-clock security staff. Additional security information on Microsoft’s data centres can be found
The information is stored so that we can contact them to help provide them with the services that they engage us with. We do not share this with any 3rd parties as this is commercially sensitive information in an industry that is built upon relationships with clients.
We need to store personal data so that we are able to help them through the job application process and also so that we can inform them about potential career opportunities that fit their profile and interest.
All data can be deleted at the individuals request by emailing email@example.com with the subject title of unsubscribe.
YOUR PRIVACY & ACCESS RIGHTS.
The GDPR provides you with the following rights.:
- The right to be informed about the personal data we process on you
- The right of access to the personal data we process on you
- The right to rectification of your personal data
- The right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data
- The right to data portability in certain circumstances
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data
- The right not to be subjected to automated decision-making and profiling.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (SUBJECT – DATA REQUEST)